Wednesday 11 December 2013

WIP Wednesday: A great big modern quilt


With only a couple of weeks to Christmas, there are oh, so many better things I could be doing. Instead, I've started a new quilt.

I think it's clear where the colour palette came from for this one. The inspiration fabric is Domestic Bliss by Liz Scott. Isn't it absolutely yummy? I bought it ages ago from Spool of Thread as an option for a customer on another quilt project. They didn't go for this particular fabric, so I've been stashing it away to use on something special. Their loss is my gain! The colour palette is just so unique. Don't you just love it?!

I usually limit myself to smaller baby size quilts unless I am working on a made-to-order quilt for a customer. However, I've seen so many awesome large scale quilts on Pinterest lately, I wanted to do one myself. I've used mainly solid fabrics with just a few prints thrown in to break things up. With only two massive blocks in the whole thing, it's a very, very simple, clean design.

At nearly 80 x 80 inches, does anyone want to fancy how many hours it will take me to complete this quilt?

I think I'll pop on over to Freshly Pieced and link up with WIP Wednesday.

8 comments:

  1. The colours look delicious together! Great idea to use your hoop as a circle marker. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. in love with the bright colors, cant wait to see more of your handquilting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cornelia! Will do my best to post more progress photos of the handquilting for you.

      Delete
  3. I love the colors! and the hand quilting will look super with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I'm loving these colours too. Such a change for me!

      Delete
  4. We quilters love the pressure of adding on....and adding on don't we??!! Our creative juices are always flowing!
    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true, Sara! At least I'm not crazy enough to aim to finish it BEFORE Christmas. That would be insane!

      Delete
  5. I own exactly one quilt and it is this colour palette! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...