Saturday 6 November 2010

Two words: Chickpea burgers

Whenever I come across a recipe I like, I take the time to type it all out and add it to my recipe blog. I've got almost 100 recipes in there at the moment. The latest edition is a recipe for chickpea burgers.

We're always on the lookout for ways to integrate substantial vegetarian alternatives into our meals and this one fits the bill perfectly. TDSH eats his on a bun with all the regular hamburger condiments, while I prefer to eat mine plain - more like you would a fishcake or something. As for Abner...wellll...she seems to go for the broken down burger approach and disassembles whatever we put in front of her. Not surprisingly, she eats the bun part first (what is with kids and bread!?!!?!)

I wish I had a photo to show you how amazing these tasty little numbers are, but we've wolfed down the entire recipe both times we've made them, so you'll have to just imagine how good these are. Do yourself a favor though...go get yourself a tin of chickpeas and whip these up tonight!

P.S. This blog post is dedicated to my colleague, "the other Kim", who once ate an entire can of chickpeas for dinner all by himself. That, my friends, is a chickpea fanatic.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the dedication, kimmer. i am touched. it's true, i did eat a whole can that fateful bachelor night. but garbonzofest ended in sickness, sorry to say. it was worth it.

    now, haste with the chickpix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kimu
    Dude...I want to see photographic evidence when/if you ever do make these!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...