Sunday 21 March 2010

Made lately.

I've been busy lately. It seems that moving my sewing machine into my bedroom has done great things for my productivity.
Just last weekend, I whipped up my first-ever pillowcase dress. It's a wee bit large for Abner just yet, so it'll have to patiently wait to be worn or I will have to give it away as a gift to an appropriately sized little girl. It was shockingly easy to do. Less than an hour and wham, bam, thank you ma'am, it was done. That's my kind of sewing pattern! Thanks Amanda!

The pillowcase was a vintage item picked up at a thrift shop in White Rock. That one shop yielded five pillowcases that day! Not a bad haul for only $2.50!

I also created this cute little apron (or smock depending on who you ask) the same day.
It's from Carefree Clothes for Little Girls and I could not be more in love with it if I tried. The pattern was so insanely simple. In less than an hour, I had this adorable little smock all ready to go. The button is vintage from a collection my mother let me raid a few months back. The fabric is a heavy weigh cotton I've had kicking around my stash since last year's Buy the Yard event.

The pattern called for hemmed edges all around, but knowing how soft this fabric frays, I opted to just zig zag most of the seams. I'm so glad I did, because now that it's washed, it's a really nice touch.

The pattern is supposed to be a size 4, but as you can see, it fits Abner just fine at only a 2T. I expect it will fit her for about the next two years!

1 comment:

  1. Cute smock idea - thank you! I'll have to give it a try. I think even I might be able to do that one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...